The inaugural Capital Region Thomas Edison Music Awards are in the books!
The Eddies are co-produced by Capital Records Live!, which was created in 2018 as a platform to amplify, empower and celebrate professionals working in the area’s wide-ranging music scene. The Eddies is one of the many ways we’re expressing our passion for local music.
Whether you are an artist or you represent a venue, media outlet, music series, recording studio, music store or another aspect of the local music industry … we would like to hear your thoughts about the 2019 Eddies. More importantly, we’d like to collaborate with you in the coming year. Here are some of the many possibilities:
- Venues: In 2018 we scheduled two shows at the GE Theatre at Proctors. Nine local artists – many eventual 2019 Eddies nominees – participated. But availability at the GE Theatre is very limited the remainder of this year and into 2020. We’d love to receive proposals to schedule Capital Records Live! and The Eddies showcase events at locations around the Capital Region this summer/fall and beyond.
- Artists: How would you like to collaborate with other local artists? Come together to re-create a legendary concert? Cover an influential musician’s career? Participate in a singer-songwriters circle? Stage a holiday concert? Collaborate with others in
a songwritingintensive? The possibilities are endless.
- Media: We can co-brand existing efforts around podcasts, in-studio concerts, programming devoted to local music, etc. Or let’s create something new together!
These are just a handful of examples. If interested, reach out to us at the Proctors Collaborative or fill out our contact form. Let’s have fun and create great music together!
While we’re thinking about it:
- Please like/follow the Capital Records Live!/Eddies Facebook page so we can stay in touch about upcoming shows and special announcements.
- Save the date for 2020: April 5 at the MainStage at Proctors.
Co-founders & co-producers Capital Records Live! and The Eddies Music Awards